Sunday, April 23, 2017

Happy Easter 2017


We got back to Phoenix late Friday night (thank you SoCal traffic for delaying us 1-1/2 hours) since Tim had to work Saturday morning. Although we had unpacking to do and an Easter feast to shop for I didn't want to miss the local community egg hunt taking place at Kate's school. So Saturday morning we headed to Quail Run and was so glad we did! The girls had so much fun hunting for eggs and they even had bouncy houses, face painting and a free hot dog lunch. We then ran to Costco and the grocery store and got semi-unpacked so we could host dinner...what was I thinking?!

Cute Kate had the idea that she wanted to leave the Easter Bunny some carrots and cookies like we do for Santa. She was tickled to see that he had gobbled them up Sunday morning. The kids loved hunting for egg, ate a lot of candy for breakfast and especially loved my old bunny Beanie Babies that the Easter Bunny had left in each of their baskets! My sweet mom has hung onto all my old Beanie Babies and after going through some of them when I was home I grabbed these bunnies thinking they'd be so cute in their baskets. I'm so glad I did because the girls totally love them! Hence why they insisted they be in the pictures we snagged before church.























With being out of town the week before Easter we had to cram everything in just in time. Tim got home early enough on Saturday that he was able to help us dye eggs!






Millie also insisted on changing into her new Easter dress as soon as she woke up Sunday morning!
Thank you Mom for the cute dresses! The girls LOVE them!










Although it was a little crazy to host Easter dinner right after getting back I am so glad we did. I'm bummed I didn't get a picture with our friends but I did snap a picture of my center piece. My ranunculus bouquet that I had brought back from Carlsbad made for the perfect Spring center piece.

What a wonderful Easter! And although we love the candy, eggs and fun we also tried to focus and celebrate Christ atonement and resurrection. He Is Risen!






2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful Easter! Great pictures, Hay. I especially love the one of you holding Henry, Kate and Millie by you with their Beanie Bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are crazy. I need at least three days to recover from a trip and that means I can hardly get dinner on the table for my own family let alone hosting friends?! Super woman, Hayley! That's what you are.

    ReplyDelete