Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Henry- ONE


Happiest birthday to my sweet boy! It really is crazy to think it's been a year since Henry joined our family! I've been doing a lot of reflecting...as your baby approaches one you find yourself doing that a lot, am I right?! I've had a lot of feelings and even gotten a bit emotional about it. But ultimately I am just truly thankful that this sweet boy is apart of our family! Henry has brought so much joy to our home! Although sometimes I feel like I barely have it together or that we are the traveling circus I could not have asked for a better baby. I guess it's a third child think but I am so thankful for his patience and understanding. Henry is pretty content (unless he's hungry...que 5pm), he's into everything, he loves to laugh and is adored by his big sisters! It's so fun having a son and brother! Here's just a few quick updates and a sampling of my favorite pictures from his 1 year old photo shoot. 
  • Loves to cuddle his blankie. This has been happening for awhile now but in the last few months has really taken to his blanket. He had to have it up by his face as he kind of sucks on his bottom lip. It's the cutest thing. Although he doesn't seem to have a preference which swaddle blanket it is. It just has to be the right texture...I'll find him using Millie's or Kate's. 
  • He is so about to walk. He's taking 4-5 steps and stands for a long time on his own. He loves pushing whatever he can find to get him everywhere. But he's also not afraid to let go and try to walk. 
  • Loves riding in his Cozy Coupe! I've always wanted one...not sure why it took us so long to get one. But we finally did. Our living room and frankly, our back patio, are perfect for crusin'. He gets the biggest smile on his face and the girls love pushing him around (they also love stealing it too).
  • Loves anything that lights up. Loves knocking down towers/blocks. 
  • Loves to eat. Eats everything. Favorite include: apple sauce, cottage cheese, beans and any fruit or vegetable (except grapes). And also started drinking cow's milk and is doing pretty well. He loves drinking from a cup/sippy cup/water bottle but is still figuring it all out. 
  • Got his first ear infection the day before his birthday! Poor guy. 
  • Wearing mostly 12 month sized clothes. The 12-18 month clothes are a bit big but with the hot weather we already have we had to make the jump. His 9-12 month clothes fit but are too warm. 
  • Size 3 diapers.
  • Weight: 19.3 pounds (~20%ile)
  • Length: 26.57 inches (not correct though... he was 26.5 at his 9 month appt.) But I'm sure he's still less than the 3%ile)
  • Head circumference: 45.5 cm (25%ile)












3 comments:

  1. I see a lot of your mom in Henry all of a sudden. I never really noticed that before. Also- love the little bruise on his forehead. I've learned that little boys' heads are never without bruises or scratches. Happy (late) birthday Henry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1st Birthday, dear Henry! He is so precious and cute. It's been a fast year, so exciting that he is ready to walk. What a lucky boy to have two adoring sisters. You all are so blessed, Hay!

    ReplyDelete