Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Third Week of January


I'm not exactly sure why Tim getting sick on Saturday was such a bummer...but it was an even biger bummer when at 8pm Saturday night when I woke up Tim to tell him the kids were all asleep and that I was going to still go have some fun that he informed me he had to work the next day. Cherry on top! (Tim is on an "easy" rotation and has most Sundays off but for some reason had a cross coverage shift that he had failed to let me know about). I'm pretty used to doing things on my own, including Sundays and church. But I just wasn't expecting it.

 I noticed Sunday morning that Henry's bottom right tooth popped through! So exciting! Henry had a scary run in with the stairs but otherwise we had a nice Sunday. Millie loved dressing up just like her doll Victoria to go to church. And there was a lot of singing this new song their are learning in Primary, "As A Child of God." I wasn't familiar with it but Millie had been singing all last week and after Primary had it totally down. It's my total favorite hearing her sing it. I should post a video.

I loved this picture I took of the girls in the mother's lounge at church during sacrament meeting. Usually when I need to go feed Henry Millie likes to come with. Kate usually stays with Tim or I ask a friend if she can stay with them. But today for some reason Kate wanted to tag along too.


Martin Luther King Day we had plans to go to this PBS Kids Festival downtown. Despite one of Kate's friends getting sick and not being able to go we decided we'd still go. It was a total bust. There was over an hour wait to even get inside the building and over an hour and a half wait to meet Daniel Tiger. Kate was pretty bummed but we had to leave about 10 minutes after arriving. But we quickly decided to head to the Children's Museum and had a fabulous time. I loved having Kate home, I loved having fun together and I especially loved hearing the girls play together that afternoon while Henry napped. 




Millie's "temple."
Kate was excited to paint her own face...and for some reason when she told me she wanted to paint a rainbow on her forehead I let her. I turned my back for a minute and discovered she'd covered her face 
Kate hasn't been to the museum much since school started. She had never seen their paint your own face area. For some reason when she told me she wanted to paint a rainbow on her forehead I figured great. I turned my back for just a minute and discovered she'd covered her much of forehead with just the red. I figured hey why not let her go for it. Here was the result... she loved it but then I'm happy to say when we got home she decided she'd had enough and with baby wipes did an amazing job wiping it all off.




Tuesday is dance day! I just can't seem to get enough of these sweet dancing sisters. Kate enjoyed wearing my old leotard from way back in the day. It's definitely losing it's stretch but still looked pretty dang cute.



A good morning horsey ride Wednesday morning. And I just loved this picture I snapped of Henry looking so happy and grown up!

 Friday we finally made it to the library. Not sure why it's been so long since we've been. But it felt good to be back. Even though I had forgotten that our closest library is closed on Friday so we had to drive to a different, but nicer, one.



 Millie is very generous. Sharing her black beans and quesadilla with all of her Barbie friends!
We've had a lot of rain lately. Millie loves putting on her rain boots and going "singing in the rain!" Yes, the tent is still up...and continued to stay up because it then got all wet and needed to dry out.

 We were really looking forward to the weekend. It had been awhile since Tim had two days off in a row (in medicine they call it a Golden Weekend). Tim surprised me by arranging a babysitter Friday night. We hit up a local burger place we'd been wanting to try and it was awesome. We also ended up at a little bookstore. I only got one picture from the night... I had to leave my cell phone for our babysitter.

Anyway, we decided Saturday we needed to do something fun as a family. We decided to take Daddy to see Moana! The girls were in heaven seeing it again! They sang along and I even let Kate wear her Moana dress up skirt. And Millie wore the Heart of Te Fiti necklace.

I thought about staying home with Henry but decided we wanted to go together and we'd give it a try. I did end of taking him out a few times just to let him crawl around. He loved this baby on the 3D glasses drop off. A couple walking buy said he looked like the Baby Boss, haha! 


 

We started a new thing a month or two ago were we let the girls individually (well we've actually only done it with Kate...but plan to let Millie have a turn too) have a little night where they can have some special one-on-one time with Mom and Dad. Kate chose to watch this Netflix show she recently discovered called Mia & Me and make strawberry lemonade! She got this cute cookbook for Christmas and she's loved picking out recipes to try.  It's always so fun to spend a little extra time with my Kate! She is growing up and I really miss her while she's at school.

We also decided to tag along with Tim next week as he attends a conference in Carmel, CA next week. We talked about going months ago and even looked at plane tickets. Tickets were too expensive so we decided if we'd go we'd drive. Well after our Christmas travel I was kind of leaning toward just staying home. After a lot of back and forth we ultimately decided we couldn't miss out on a fun opportunity for a little trip and so we are going. I'm really excited to go to the Monterey Aquarium and Kate is super excited to see San Francisco (thank you Inside Out). Stay tuned.




1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing mother, Hayley! You are always taking the kids fun places and doing such creative things together. I love the rainbow Kate painted on her face, love her necklace too! Glad you all got to see Moana. You are going to have so much fun in Monterey and San Francisco. Can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete