Monday, December 19, 2016

Second Week of December


Fortunately Tim was post call on Sunday so after getting some sleep he was able to to join us and show Nick and Jess how to do Temple Christmas lights Arizona style! It was a gorgeous evening. A lot warmer than when we had gone the week before. Tim and Nick were in shorts and Kate wore her flip flops! 

Kate and Auntie Jess in the back of the van


We loved having Nick, Jess and Marlow come for the weekend! It was really fun to enjoy one-on-one time with them in our world. Monday morning Jess offered to keep Millie and Henry home while I ran Kate to school. It was really nice to have a few minutes of one-on-one time with my big girl! We snapped this pic before she headed in. Gosh, she's grown up. Oh how we miss having her around!

I love these cards that Kate made at church! Kate has been very on top of making sure we all know the true meaning of Christmas. I often have heard her telling Millie "Christmas isn't about presents and Santa."

We had a pretty awesome week full of Christmas fun! After school on Monday we got together with friends to do some sugar cookie decorating! The girls had such a great time and it was fun to reconnect with some friends we don't get to see as much now that Kate and their oldest daughter are in kindergarten. 




Millie is the best independent player. I love this pic I snagged when I walked in to check on her. And Henry turned 9 months old!!! To celebrate his first tooth (finally!!!) popped through on Sunday! This boy just keeps growing up!



Tuesday Millie and I made applesauce cinnamon ornaments...our house smelled AMAZING!!!
Wednesday we hit up tot town. Although I'm not crazy about letting Henry just crawl around and put every single toy that 25+ kids have played with in his mouth I decided it was time to let him out of the carrier...and boy did he love it and have so much fun!




I think we've been doing this for a few weeks now but I never took a picture...Henry finally seems sturdy enough to help Millie drive the shopping cart. 



One post call afternoon while Tim was home sleeping I left him and a sleeping Henry to run a few errands with just my Millie. It was sweet to have some one-on-one time with her. I couldn't help but give in to her request to buy something from the candy machines at the grocery store. She thought it was the best thing ever!!!

Then Thursday evening we headed to the fancy Fairmount Princess Resort in Scottsdale to check out their awesome Christmas lights! I had found out about it kind of late last year so I made sure it was on the top of our Christmas activities list this year. We had an evening full of Christmas magic, lights, train rides, carousel rides, Santa and s'mores! And it was so fun to just see the resort. Maybe someday we can come back and visit Phoenix and stay there ;)  We had such a great night. And once again had amazing temps. The girls were totally warm enough in their long sleeve jammies. I should mention as we were talking about going Kate said she thought it would be the perfect place to wear their Christmas jammies and I figured why not.



Visiting with Princess Noelle 




Henry's first carousel ride!

Me, Henry, and Millie rode at least 4 times
On the train
Just had to snap a pic with the cactus!












 Then Friday was Kate's Kindergarten Nursery Rhyme Show! Kate chose to recite Hickory Dickory Dock and did a fantastic job and her and her best buddy Olivia were super cute little mice! I love spending time at Kate's school.



Friday was also Millie's last day of tumbling. After Kate's show we raced to the community center. Because it was the last class they invited the parents to come into the room and I was able to snap some better pictures.



Ms. Suzy

I also spent quite a bit of time baking this week! I initially told Tim I didn't think I was going to do much if any of my typical holiday baking. I guess I just thought it would be better if I didn't have tons and tons of sweets around for me to eat...but then I just couldn't bare the thought of not and plus it's Christmas. Christmas isn't complete without baking and I have the fondest memories of baking with my mom. So we whipped up a bunch of these new double chocolate cookies, peppermint brownies, caramels and a few others. It now felt like Christmas and we had lots of yummy treats to pass out to friends.




 Then last but not least, Saturday Kate and I went on a mommy-daughter date to the Great AZ Puppet Theatre. I feel like so often we make a bigger effort for Tim to take the girls on daddy-daughter dates...then as I was talking to Tim about Kate and how I miss her and just general thoughts and worries he suggested I take some time on his day off and do something with just Kate. I had dropped the ball and had not purchased tickets early enough to do to the Nutcracker, bummer! But the week previously the AZ Puppet theatre had some to Kate's school and performed for them. Kate came home so excited about the show and so I decided to look into it. So Saturday Kate and I went and saw the Shoemaker and the Elves! We loved it. And we loved our special time together!



1 comment:

  1. So much good stuff in this post! I love the pics of Millie and Henry in the shopping cart. I never think to take pictures when we're out shopping. It's so stressful! I can't believe Christmas is at the end of this week! Crazy!! I'm glad you decided to bake after all, cuz we all know you make the best treats. :)

    ReplyDelete