Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Third Week of June

We had a full week of fun outings with friends, 2 visits to the Children's Museum, 2 opportunities for face painting (a real favorite with Kate) and even 2 Diamondback baseball games! Oh and Tim had Wednesday off! Boo-yeah!

I asked Kate to go pick out a dress for church while I was feeding Henry...she came back like this (minus the buckled sandals)...man she is growing up!
All 3 Bahr ladies got a hair trim...and my cute friend Kellie braided the girls hair too! I really need to learn how to french braid!

Our Children's Museum had it's 8th birthday...so we had to go to their party which included face painting, balloons, and free Girl Scout cookies!
The girls showing off their paint (Millie got a cat of course, Kate got 2 hearts on her cheeks). The museum painter did a pretty lame job but the girls still loved it! The girls have especially been loving the little flower garden area at the museum this past month. They love picking bouquets for me!

Check out my awesome Craiglist find! I've been wanting a bench for a long time and finally found one! I originally thought the white would have to go but I think it's painting way too well and it actually looks okay with our mix-matched chairs.  The girls LOVE sitting on it and won't sit on a chair anymore! They always want me or Tim to sit in the middle of them :)
It's orientation week for the new incoming residents which means lots of fun events to attend to welcome the new group! We headed to Chase Field Tuesday night to welcome the new interns and enjoy the DBacks vs my Dodgers!  Tim's sister actually got Tim and I tickets to the game Wednesday for Tim's birthday. Tim had the day off and we originally loved the idea of going to a day game thinking we'd take the kids too and could stay for the whole game...but then we found out about the game Tuesday for PCH...we wanted to take the kids since everyone brings their kids.  We decided even though the girls do well at baseball games we didn't think going to two games in a row would be real fun for them. What a bummer  and what are the odds that our 2 opportunities to go to baseball would be two days in a row. Oh well. Tim and I didn't mind...So Wednesday we got a babysitter for the girls and Tim and I (and Henry) enjoyed back-to-back games! 
Kate actually had fun but did not want to take a picture and was sad that I had not brought her jammies (I brought Henry's so I could change him when it was time for him to go to bed).
I grew up a Dodger fan and proudly wore my cap! It was so fun to see them twice this week...I think my dad was jealous and we even got to see Kershaw pitch on Wednesday! 
A family favorite activity...we randomly happened to go to Chick-fil-a one Wednesday in April and found out this lady comes to CFA once a month to paint faces, do story time and perform little magic tricks. The girls TOTALLY LOVE it and we haven't missed a month yet! 

Loving tot-town 
I've avoiding venturing to the zoo (it had been a month since we last went) but because of the heat...but after a friend invited us we just decided to get going early and pack our swim suits. We to the zoo by 8:15am and left by 11. 
With going to the DBacks game Kate was excited to go find the diamondback snake. Kate insisted on making this face for the picture. 
Then Friday night we decided to go back to the museum for members only night! We'd already been this week but we love going on members only night because it's SO NOT busy! 
Father's Day craft in the art studio at the museum
Henry really likes his gym. He just really started actually grabbing the toys at the end of this week! It's so fun to see him growing and learning!
With a day off during the week, the kids actually got to see Tim more :) But poor Tim still had to work all weekend. So we drove down Saturday for a quick visit! Daddy always spoils us with delicious food and yummy treats! For those of you that don't know...PCH is known for it's amazing delicious food! 
Welcome Intern BBQ and pool party Saturday night! I took the kids and Tim was able to meet us there a little later. The attending who hosted had an amazing home! It was the perfect party house! Kate and Millie adored this little shallow pool area that had changing colored lights and a fountain. Kate said multiple times that night that she "wished we had a backyard like this!" And then proceeded to ask me multiple times on Sunday when we could go swim at that pool again!

No comments:

Post a Comment