Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Second Week of June


So typically I've enjoyed making each blog post about a specific event or update on the kids. But as I uploaded my pictures from this past week there were just too many cute ones I wanted to share! We've been busy having fun and working on our summer bucket list! So I think at least for the summer I just might blog about each week! We started June off with the Home Depot Kids Workshop. The girls love going every month. Unfortunately Tim had to work again...aside from Kate's initial disappointment that Daddy couldn't take them we had a great time making Tim his Father's Day cell phone trophy holder. Henry was such a good boy and shortly after arriving fell asleep to the pounding of the hammers :)

Then here's what our second week of June looked like:
Babysitting swap. Our friends Avery and Gavin came over for a fun night of playing
I finally caved and let Kate discover the joys of my Polly Pocket Cinderella castle. I brought it from my parents house while we still lived in Iowa but just wasn't quite ready to let Kate play with it. It's fragile and the characters are tiny so I was hesitant but decided during quiet time would be the perfect time for Kate to play with it! She adores it and is very careful!
Attempt to make homemade Swig sugar cookies! They turned out pretty awesome! But I still like the real deal a bit better
Handsome Henry all ready for church
Monday adventure to the library. The girls loved the princess and BB-8 cardboard cutouts they had for the summer reading program!

Kate made the sweetest card from Millie! Here's the front with Kate and Amelia in their dresses
Inside it reads, I Heart You. From Kate To Millie
Kate fell asleep while reading stories at 7:13pm on night this week after a busy day full of adventures!
We got to meet "Let It Go and Anna" (according to Millie)
Found Henry's bassinet full when I went to put Henry down for the night! Millie is such a good mommy to put her babies to bed! 
Lots of fun at the Children's Museum

Millie feeding her kitty baby while readying stories before bed
Our friend Lola invited the girls over for a Princess Party Playdate! The girls were so excited to dress up! They made wands, had a tea party, and decorated cupcakes. It was pretty epic!


Kate has really enjoyed reading The Friend lately. She saw the picture/recipe for Dirt Cups in the latest issue and asked me daily when we could make them! 
Tim's been working a lot and I would be lying if I didn't say I was getting a bit exhausted of taking care of the kids alone every.single.day. One night as we were reading stories before bed and taking a few pictures to send to Daddy I was flooded with gratitude and reflected on how truly blessed we are. Sure it's not fun having Tim gone so much but I am thankful for our happy home/happy life, 3 beautiful healthy children, and although it's not easy how blessed I am to be their mom and get to stay home with them every.single.day!

The girls have usually played really well together...even though they can also fight too. But these last few weeks they have begun playing even better together. I walked in on this hippo picnic complete with food and cake for each hippo as well as refreshments for the girls! I love watching them play and imagine!
A friend invited us over to play in their gorgeous backyard. The girls were in total heaven playing in their little kiddie pool!
Henry also tried the Bumbo for the first time at our friend Brooke's house
One of Kate's best friends, Iris, is moving at the end of the month! Boo-hoo! We are going to miss her so much but are also so excited that her daddy and family are finally done with his fellowship and is completing their medical journey! We'll get there one day too, right?!
Painting rocks of course!
An overcast Friday evening and only 93 degrees out called for a bike ride around the block!
Then Saturday morning we drove down to the hospital to sneak in some needed Daddy time! Kate was so excited to bring Daddy her picture she drew of his hospital complete with the Heart in the Hand Symbol, main building, smaller outpatient building (far left) and parking garage (far right)!
Tim spoiled them rotten with ice cream at 8:30 in the morning! Good thing they had breakfast before!

1 comment:

  1. These are all darling pictures! Thanks for sharing them, Hay. Looks like you're having a busy, fun summer. I'm glad you realize the blessings in your life, you are very blessed!

    ReplyDelete