Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day 2016


Happy Mother's Day to all of the amazing women in my life! I feel so fortunate to be surrounded by so many awesome women... from my own mom, my mother-in-law, sisters-in-law, and friends both far and near! Tim had a busy weekend working. I was a little disappointed but decided I wasn't going to let it bring me down!

The Wednesday before Mother's Day Kate insisted that I open the Mother's Day present she made for me at preschool. She just couldn't wait. She made this darling portrait of me (see below) as well as gave me this beautiful picture of herself with the cutest questionnaire all about me! These along with the sweet cards both Kate and Millie made at church are treasures!

Saturday I packed up the kids and we went to Home Depot for their monthly Kids Workshop. Tim started taking the girls a few months back and it's become a favorite activity! We built birdhouses. I made a mistake or two as Kate so kindly pointed out "you're not very good at this mom," when I nailed one of the walls in the wrong place. But fortunately I was able to fix it and we had a really fun time hammering, painting, and eating lots of popcorn. And Henry was amazing and slept almost the whole time.





Saturday night a bunch of girls from church were getting together for a painting night. I so wanted to go! As luck would have it it fell on one of the nights Tim was working late. Weeks before he assured me he could either switch shifts with someone or leave early...but come Friday night (the night before) he had been unable to do so and was not going to be able to leave early. I was so bummed. After calling our go-to young women babysitters as well as a couple of other people I had been unable to find someone to watch the girls.  Fortunately though my sweet friend Emily said her husband would be willing to. He would be watching his own two boys (one of which is Millie's best friend Talmage) and didn't mind having them come over too. I was so thankful! Tim ended up getting off a little early and was able to come pick up Henry before the night was over too! I am certainly no artist but I had a lot of fun and it was so nice to get to go to a much needed girls night! I guess I'll just stick to my love of art history and art appreciation!


Tim had to work Sunday too! I was a little anxious about taking my three children to church for the first time alone but am happy to report it went pretty well! And Tim even got off early and met us at church by about 11:15am to hold Henry while I taught Primary. We had a relaxing Sunday at home. I got a nice nap! And Tim made waffles for dinner! I am so thankful for my beautiful family! I feel very blessed to be a mother! Being a mom is what I always dreamed of doing. I know I am very lucky to be able to stay-home with my kids. Although these girls keep my on my toes and test my patience and at times it is really hard and exhausting I have to take a step back and count my blessing and remember how being a mom is the most rewarding thing I've ever done! Mothering these three kiddos is my deepest joy and greatest passion! I hope I can live up to this great calling and never forget how truly blessed we are!


From Preschool
Inside of my card from church from Kate
Millie made the orange card on the left

1 comment:

  1. What sweet girls you have. And you are an artist, Hayley! And a fantastic mom. Pretty lame that Tim had to work so much. It's hard to get excited about spending a whole weekend without your hubby but you totally inspire me.

    ReplyDelete