Friday, May 13, 2016

Kate- 5 years old


Happy 5th Birthday to this beautiful girl! It's pretty hard to believe that five years ago this girl made me a mama and come August will be in kindergarten! The caption I posted on my Instagram describes Kate pretty perfectly. "She's stubborn, dramatic and emotional but also thoughtful, innovative, artistic, passionate and sweet!" 

Here are a few updates:
  • Weighs 37 lbs (33rd%ile) and is 40.6 inches tall (16th%ile)
  • Can always be found creating some masterpiece or singing a song!
  • Favorite color: white
  • Favorite foods: any simple carbohydrate it seems...plain pasta, bagels, bread, couscous, tortilla chips, FRUIT thank goodness, and broccoli. Around when Henry was born she decided she doesn't like milk anymore. Ahh! I have always believe in I offer a variety of healthy foods and she gets to pick what she wants to eat. But man I have started worrying a bit more about things like calcium. She does like yogurt so that's good. She's definitely my picky eater but we'll just keep offering and hope that she'll eventually come around. Thankfully she is growing and ultimately I am not that worried. I just wish she'd eat more and like some more protein foods. 
  • Has so many friends! She is going to really miss going to preschool! 
  • She's sometimes talks about how excited she is to go to kindergarten but then often tells me she doesn't want to go and is nervous about it. I am sure she will thrive but it is pretty crazy to be taking that step so soon. School starts August 9th so it will be here before we know it.
  • Is still belting out the words to each Primary song during singing time.
  • Favorite activity this week... she and Millie love to pretend to make "popcorn" aka take all the dice and Banagram tiles and dump them into a bowl and stir them up. 
  • Kate and Millie can sure fight but they also play SO well together. Kate is a really thoughtful big sister and will often give Millie what she wants.
  • Loves loves going to the American Girl Doll store! She can't wait to get her own doll. My parents did give her one of the mini dolls, Julie, Kate's favorite, for her birthday. Kate loves her so much!
  • REALLY wants to take violin lessons! Kate has always seemed musical. She has adored this Musical ABC book we have and over time I'm sure has heard Tim talk about the violin but about mid April she decided she wanted to learn how to play the violin and she is set on it. We've started looking into lessons and finding a teacher. She literally asks weekly if we've found her a teacher yet. 
  • Favorite shows right now: PJ Masks, 101 Dalmatians, Inside Out, Dora and Friends, Secret World of Arrietty.
  • Favorite books are currently: this Rebecca American Girl doll Mystery chapter book she got for her birthday, Fancy Nancy Aspiring Artist and this National Geographic Jr. Ocean book we have.

There's so much more I should write but I think this will just have to suffice for now. Kate's zest for life is contagious and although sometimes I don't know what to do with her I am so grateful to be her mom and to get to experience each day with her! 







Butterfly wings she made at preschool. And pictured below Kate's preschool birthday picture and questionnaire  

Dr. Kate
We've always loved Duplo. But Kate has started wanting to get the normal tiny lego. I've been hesitant to take that leap because I don't want to have her demand that I help her build them. One of her friends gave her these two little Lego Friend sets for her birthday. Sunday she opened them up and totally put it together all by herself but simply looking at the picture on the box. 

Stick on earrings! I remember loving stick on earrings. I got my ears pierced when I was 5 years old...Kate is NOT interested at all in getting hers pierced!

Kate also is really into this Backyardigan's Robot Rampage episode. Here's a picture of the Backyardigans and then below is the evil Professor Bug with his town, robot spider and gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment