Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Henry- 2 months


Our sweet boy is turning 2 months tomorrow! I can't believe it! It seems like he's been apart of our family for much longer than that. He is certainly no longer a newborn. Tim is working currently on his "well baby" service meaning he's the doctor that checks out on the new babies on the OB postpartum floor at the hospital...he was just saying how much he adores newborns. Although I miss my little newborn I am loving the big smiles and sweet coos that this little guy loves to give!  And I will be relieved to have him get his first round of shots next week! Here's just a few stats about Henry:
  • Loves to give smiles! I think his first smile was a few days before but it seemed like on my birthday he decided to be extra generous with his grins!
  • Is cooing and making the cutest sounds!
  • Only wakes up 1 time per night now! Score! He eats one last time at 8pm so is down for the night at ~8:30pm. Then wakes up around 3:30-4:30 and then is up for the day by between 7-8am. 
  • Millie calls Henry "Hen-Hen" and insists that we "don't call him Henry, call him Hen-Hen!" She still doesn't like me calling him "handsome" either. Millie also loves to help put his pacifier back into his month!
  • Car rides put him to sleep! 
  • He's the best little traveler! He is really sleepy in the morning and just goes along on all our adventures to the children's museum and zoo either happily sleeping in his car seat or in my wrap!
  • Because he sleeps so much while we are out and about in the morning he is much more alert and doesn't nap as well in the afternoons! I'm sure I should be trying harder to get him to take a good afternoon nap but.... I guess I'm thankful he travels along so well in the mornings that I haven't stressed about it yet. 
  • I feel bad but I think it's the curse of a third child...poor Henry when he cries out if I'm not immediately able to help he'll cry real good but then seems to give up and stop crying. I feel so bad. I really do try to help immediately but sometimes I'm just not able to. 
  • Eats every 2-3 hours during the day! Still likes to cluster eat in the evenings! 
  • Wearing 0-3 months clothes
  • Wears size 1 diapers
  • At his 2 month appt: Weighs 12.27 lbs (59th%ile) and is 21.5 inches (5th%ile)













1 comment:

  1. Henry's such a good baby! Thank you for the updates on this precious baby boy. He is so cute and sweet!

    ReplyDelete