Monday, March 28, 2016

First Week Home


I don't have a whole lot I want to say... I have so much I could/should write but it's a bit overwhelming trying to catch up and remember all the details. It's pretty hard to believe that our little man is now a week old! He is so sweet, calm, sleep, and good! You forget how much newborns sleep! Henry has been such a champ. He is pretty content and I feel like would go a lot longer than he should between feedings because he's happy sleeping. I love his sweet snuggles and sounds! He picked up breastfeeding right away and much quicker than his sisters. I don't know if it's just my third time around or the fact that he was bigger and older than his sisters. He often wears a furrowed brow but is such a happy guy. The girls love him so much! Kate loves reading to him and talking to him and Millie loves helping with his diapers and getting his blanket for him. We have had so much fun with my mom and then also my dad. I am so thankful for their support! That first week is always a bit of a whirlwind full of adjustments, exhaustion, and even a few tears but Henry has certainly captured our hearts and filled our house with so much joy!

Here are just a bunch of pictures I loved and wanted to share from that first week home!

Happy Due Date and Pi(e) Day
Kate's awesome St. Patrick's Day picture
This was one of our first nights at home...love this father and son bonding 

So fun to have my Dad come visit for the weekend
Getting out of the house to check out the Desert Botanical Gardens...so impressive!
Baby Millie
Silly Sisters
Handsome boy
Couldn't have done this without her!


So sad to say goodbye
This kid is so sweet!

1 comment:

  1. It was a heavenly, sweet time being with you before, during, and after Henry was born. He is such a "handsome", beautiful baby boy! Kate and Millie are such adoring, helpful big sisters. You all are doing great. I am so proud of you, Hayley and Tim. I loved being with you and miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete