Thursday, February 18, 2016

Potty Training Millie


Oh boy!

Ever since we transitioned Millie into her big girl bed she'd wake up in the middle of the night, get out of her bed and insist that she needed her diaper changed even though most of the time it would be barely wet. She also recently started being super interested in Kate's panties and was always putting them on over her pants. Then one Sunday a couple weeks ago as I was getting ready for church upstairs Kate ran up exclaiming that "there's been a catastrophe!" Millie had in fact taken off her diaper and gone pee all over the living room floor. Even though she's seemed so interested in potty training previously I figured since we were getting so close to Henry's arrival that I didn't want to try potty training but that Sunday morning I decided heck we may at least give it a try. What did I have to loose?! Well a lot actually...those of you that have potty trained know how painful or at least unpleasant it usually is. But I thought well let's at least give it a try and see. So we started Tuesday February 9th and although I don't want to curse anything, I am thrilled to report that Millie has done amazing! It's been so much better than potty training Kate. Millie will often get up and go potty in the middle of the night and as of today, the 18th, has had several days in a row now of going pee pee on the potty every single time. She's still figuring out number 2 but I remember that taking a bit for Kate too. I'm pretty pleased with how it's all gone down. It wasn't quite as easy and I thought it might be but it also was so much better this time around. She probably will regress some when Henry's arrives but who knows. She is pretty proud of herself and loves wearing panties so maybe not. What an exciting milestone! Way to go Millie girl! So proud of you!

So excited to see the pink potty when I pulled it out she just sat right down
Day 1 First Success/first sticker on the chart
Lots of indoor play with no pants!



1 comment:

  1. Way to go Millie! And you! Potty training is always a daunting task, I'm glad it went well. I potty trained Declan at the beginning of this month. The first two or three days I wondered what I had done and seriously regretted it but it went pretty darn well after that! Whew!

    ReplyDelete