Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Amelia- 2 years



Our Amelia is 2 years old! And is so much fun! She is really growing up and thinks she is bigger than she really is! She always wants to be involved in what Kate is doing and is coming such a beautiful little girl!

Here are a few updates:

  • Loves rocks. You know the little islands in parking lots...with the curb, sometimes plants, and here in Phoenix they are always filled with rocks. Millie insists on picking up at least one rock every time we pass one. She clutches them in her hands and we've acquired quite the little collection that I let her keep in her cup holder or the little thing in the side of the door. Silly girl.
  • Her night routine has changed a little bit in the last week. Now when I set in her crib she insists on multiple hugs and kisses and also has to point at all of my face parts before she'll lay down. It's pretty cute. "Hug, kiss, more hug, kiss, mommy's eyes, mommy's nose, mommy's mouth, mommy's ears." She'll then lay down and I'll turn to walk away and she'll say "more hug, more kiss." And will need one more. I totally love it! I also love then I go get her each morning or after a nap and the second I open her door she says "Hi Mom!"
  • She also wakes up so cheerful and started insisted on bringing a book or little toy (usually her new Mickey Mouse duplo that she just got) to bed with her. When I go get her in the morning she is flipping through her book, playing with her toy and her stuffed animals. 
  • Millie is really hot or cold. She is either the most happy girl ever or she's really sad. I feel like there is no in between for this girl. She has a smile and laugh that melts my heart but also the saddest cry when things don't go her way. 
  • Yells "share" at Kate all of the time when she wants something that Kate has. 
  • Loves telling everyone while we are out running errands while Kate is at preschool, "Kate preschool."
  • She loves play dough or "dee-dough" as she calls it. She'll just run to the desk drawer where I keep it and grab a jar or two and take them to the table and yell "cut, cut, cut" because she wants a knife. 
  • When I get her out of her car seat to go into a store or the gym, I don't let her bring in her blanket or any toys that she wanted to bring in the car. So when I get her out she always says, "Blankie stay! Meow stay!" 
  • Refers to herself as "me." I can't get her to say her name yet but loves pointed a pictures of our family and going through who everyone is and when we get to her she yells, "me." She's so proud. She loves referring to her own stuff as "my...fill in the blank." 
  • Still adores animals! Especially cats. Favorite books are any Biscuit Books, Demolition, and Scat, Cat!
  • Adores swinging just as much as Kate. Although she's now starting to want to sit on Kate's big girl swing instead of her bucket swing. She also loves our tire swing. 
  • Still adores Mickey and Minnie Mouse!
  • Favorite songs, "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse," the "Hot-Dog" song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, "You Are My Sunshine," and recently added "Follow the Prophet." On FHE this week we were asking Kate what she wanted to sing so we sang a few and then Millie kept yelling something...we couldn't figure out what it was and started to move onto the lesson...she tried one more time and it clicked, she wanted to sing "Follow the Prophet." We started singing and she got so excited, shook her head yes and sang right along!
  • Is so good at folding her arms for prayers. It's darling!
  • Loves her "meow cup." It's a cat cup with a straw. She'll drink out of other cups but definitely prefers to drink everything out of it.
  • Still out eating Kate. Although she isn't quite as good of an eater as she used to be. Loves Cherrios, string cheese, any fruit or vegetable, black beans, shredded taco chicken, yogurt, smoothies, tortillas, and always wants an Olaf fruit snack (have you noticed that they are now selling huge boxes of Frozen fruit snacks at Costco?!). 
  • Loves to play the game "Pull" in which Millie throws you a corner of her blanket and yells "pull Mama!" We then take turns saying "pull, pull, pull" until one of us gets it.
  • Loves to play Kate's Madeline Game and collect the puppies!
  • Goes to bed at 7:30pm and wakes up at 7am. Takes 1nap from 1-1:30 till about 3-3:30pm. 
Okay I better stop there...we sure adore you Millie! We had so much celebrating her big day this weekend! And then on her actual day on Monday Millie and I went to storytime, we went to lunch with Kate, picked up and ate some fancy cupcakes from a new cupcake shop, swung for at least an hour, and played with some friends that early evening! And Tim ended up getting off at a decent time and I kept Millie up just a little bit so she could see Tim!!! With Tim getting home around anywhere between 8 and 10pm most nights we figured Millie wouldn't be able to see him...but things turned out perfectly and Tim was able to get home and give her a kiss and say good night just in time!







My parents gave her the awesome pink slide! The girls love it! We gave her the bike...she's not so sure about it yet!

Millie adores Olaf!


2 comments:

  1. Our little Millie is growing up. Thank you, Hay, for telling us all the cute things she does and likes. Her beautiful smile makes me happy. She is such a precious little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always seem to get such adorable pictures of your kids! I love this age even though it brings new extremes in moods. Also, Mary still does that thing with the rocks at the store. I always feel a little twinge of guilt when she gets one to keep, but I still let her do it (shhhhhh). Also, I'm seriously impressed with that kitty cake! Fondant scares me!

    ReplyDelete