Thursday, August 27, 2015

Kate Update- August


Here's a quick update on our Kate:
  • She still unsure about living in Phoenix. Is always asking why we moved to such a hot place and wants to know when it's going to snow?! Poor girl!
  • Enjoys going to preschool once she is there but often says she just wants to stay home and play.  I assume that we are just adjusting to this new routine, right? She really does have fun and enjoys all the activities and art projects that they do. Kate doesn't always want to tell me about school. But with a lot of probing and just listening throughout the day I get it out of her! They do a monthly theme and Kate is tired of learning about the ocean. She is excited for September to come!
  • Favorite toys are Duplo, Magic Clips, pretending to make her own youtube toy videos, and wrapping up her toys in her swaddle blankets and delivering them to us family members. She also is really into playing games. She loves CandyLand, Guess Who, Sneaky Snacky Squirrel, and the Madeline Game we have. I love playing games with her and Minnie. It can be tricky making sure Kate follows all the rules...she really likes and wants to win.. and Kate has a hard time understanding why Millie doesn't seem to know how to play right...but it's so fun!
  • Favorite books: she's really into the Early Reader books. She loves Pinkalicious, any Disney Princess book, and still loves some of her old favorites. 
  • Loves to talk and ask questions. Her preschool teachers love her and always comment what good questions she asks and how she remembers things so well. Like when I picked her up yesterday and she told me all about camouflage. 
  • She has an amazing imagination!
  • Is so good at playing on her own. She does an amazing job playing in her room until her light turns green at 6:30am saying it's okay to come out of her room (she's been getting up around 5:30 the last couple of days and as hard and I try to convince her to go back to sleep she says "no I don't want to sleep, I'll just play till my light turns green."  She also plays so well on her own during quiet time. I almost feel bad but I guess I've just trainer her well and I know the alone playing time is good for her and I love how her imagination runs wild as she talks to her dolls and Magic clip princesses. 
  • Loves to help me in the kitchen (See picture above) She is always asking to help stir, flip, pour, crack eggs, etc. I was making a pie the other day and after letting her make the crust with me I handed her a ball of dough and she created her own chocolate chip pie!
  • Gives the best compliments and hugs and kisses! She really is such a sweet girl. 
  • Her prayers are getting more in depth. And I love it when she mentions me, Tim, and Millie and also how thankful she is to have friends over when we do for dinner.
  • Tim has been rotating in the NICU the last month. He's been busy and we've seen him a lot less than we would like :) Kate is always sad to her that Dad isn't home but happy to hear that he's "taking care of the babies." She often tells me, "I'm so glad Dad is taking care of the babies. He's really good at taking care of the babies!"
  • Has become an even pickier eater especially this week. I don't know what happened. She is even refusing fruits that she used to love like cantaloupe and honeydew. I know that's just kids but it's tough. She still loves pasta, broccoli, cheddar cheese (but not string cheese), yogurt, pancakes, edamame, mosts fruits, toast, smoothies, herb roasted turkey from Costco (but no other sandwich meat) and today eat a ton of scrambled eggs for breakfast which we haven't had in awhile since she quit eating those a month ago. She also recently started liking quesadillas which before a month ago she wouldn't touch. It's all a phase I know... I will just keep offering and it's bound to improve. 
I'm sure there's a lot more I want to say but this is getting long. Kate is sure growing up into a darling little girl! 

Tim's cousin recently moved to Phoenix for her husband to start optometry school. Their apartment pool is amazing complete with zero depth entry and sand!  The girls love it!
Kate totally started drawing a hopscotch...I didn't even know she knew what hopscotch was!
This girl loves playing at the splash pad
Resting in a next as the Children's Museum
Building Inside Out emotions out of Duplo

3 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with Kate! I can't believe she wakes up at 5:30 though and doesn't take a nap! I think she's going to be a chef sometime in the near future. And that cracked me up when you said she was tired of learning about the ocean. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Kate is still a very busy little girl. You are a lucky mommy to have such a good helper in the kitchen, Hay. She is a lot like you were. We love Kate, she's GREAT!










    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate is so sweet and creative! We are so glad you guys moved to Arizona, but we agree with Kate, it's too hot!

    ReplyDelete