Friday, July 3, 2015

Mistek


After 18 years, my sweet family cat Mistek passed away. Just one day before we made it up to Utah, I was so sad. We are all heart broken! But over the last year her kidney disease continued to progress and she lost a lot of weight so we are happy that she is no longer suffering and I truly believe we will be with her again. 

Mistek came into our family after we lost our cat Dodger at 17-1/2 years. Dodger was in the family before me or my brother just older than me. Dodger was our everything and it was hard to believe that any other cat could take his place...but Mistek certainly did. She filled our hearts and lived up to being just the cat my family needed/wanted. 

Although I have been away from home for the last 10 years (wow, that makes me sound old) Mistek was still my cat and I missed her. Tim actually thought Mistek was my own cat and when we got married he initially thought we'd take her with us. It has been so fun to watch my girls love Mistek too! Kate and Millie both adore Mistek and taking to Grandma on Facetime or Skype was not complete without a visit from Mistek. My girls flocked to pet her every time we visited my parents' house. We are going to miss her so much!  

Here are a few cute pictures of my girls with Mistek: 







Facetime with Mistek and Grandma

2 comments:

  1. You being here, Hay, helped us so much. Thank you for coming to see us when you did. Playing with You, and Kate and Millie was just what we needed. Our sweet Mistek gave us so much love, she will always have a place in our hearts. I'm sure we will be with her again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry and sad to hear about Mistek, Hayley. I'm glad that your girls got to be with and know her, though. When they're older they'll look at these pictures and you'll have lots of stories to tell about Mistek. Especially love that last skype picture.

    ReplyDelete