Sunday, July 5, 2015

Happy Birthday America- July 4, 2015


I LOVE the 4th of July! It is seriously the best! We had an incredible day! We started out early going to check out the hot air balloons at the Freedom Fest. The girls loved seeing the different balloons but both didn't care for the up close views/sounds when they would fire the burner. Hot air balloons are awesome! Tim spend quite a bit of time talking to the pilots...perhaps hot air ballooning could be our new hobby :)

We then headed to the Provo parade where we met up with Grandma and Grandpa B and Tim's sister Ann and her family! The floats were awesome and they even had mini Macy Parade-style balloons and the girls collected plenty of candy! Did I mention how amazing the weather is in Utah?! Well...it is! Even though it was 90 degrees+ for much of our trip it is totally fine to be outside and doable to go to the park in the middle of the day AND it cools off at night...man I miss that! I just have to keep reminding myself...I"m going to love the AZ weather come November, right?!











Loved the BYU float...2 cougars pulling a covered wagon...sweet! 




This Elsa just scooped Kate right up when we asked for a picture with the Queen



After the parade we headed to lunch before enjoying some play time at Grandma and Grandpa B's. Then we headed up to Sandy to my brother Jeff's house for a BBQ and a spectacular firework show! My dad and brothers love fireworks and with the in the last few years lift on high flying fireworks they made quite the show!

What a spectacular day filled with flags, food, and family! I am certainly thankful for the beautiful country in which we live! And am thankful for the freedoms that we enjoy each day! Happy Birthday America!

All of us are standing on the state we were born in! Love that Millie and Grandpa share Iowa!




My brother Bob with the firework haul 

No comments:

Post a Comment