My how Kate is growing up! I feel like this past month she has really matured. Kate is listening better, wanting to help and share with Millie, and is amazing at playing on her own and coming up with fun things or crafts to keep her busy. Here are a few updates about Kate this month in no particular order...
- LOVES the color purple!
- This girl ADORES her ballet class! She is always asking if it is dance day. She loves getting dressed in her leotard, tights, and tutu! When I tell her it's Thursday (the day she has class) she usually raises her arms in the air and yells, "yay yay yay yay yay!!!" I am just thrilled that she is loving it so much. She loves telling me about what she learns and loves to practice.
- I love her imagination! We often play "Disneyland" meaning that Kate gets in one of her dress ups and Millie and I stand in line so we can meet a princess! Also the other day when we were playing grocery store as we were going to unload the groceries into our pretend truck she said she wanted to be "Amanda." Amanda is a super sweet lady at the grocery store that often comes out to the car with us to help! Hy-Vee is the bomb! They are so good to us!
- Like I mentioned she plays so well on her own. The other day she had asked me to bring down her bike and came up with the idea of attaching our stroller to her little bike to make a bike trailer for her doll. I also love all the conversations I overhear between her and her stuffed animals or Magic Clip Princesses. Kate takes a nap probably 3 times a week now but when she doesn't she has quiet time and she is so good at staying and playing in her room! I am so proud of her!
- Is so good at saying "thank you!" And loves giving compliments! She is also doing pretty well with her chores of making her bed and taking her plate to the sink after meals!
- Really got into Valentine's Day! She loved making valentines for all of her friends and cousins and asked daily when Valentine's Day would be here! She loves sending mail so sending valentines was totally awesome!
- Is our little artist. Can always be found at the table gluing, sticking stickers, or water coloring!
- Gave her first FHE lesson on 2/2/15. It was totally her idea and she did it all on her own. It was so darling. The week before I had put a few items in a bag and had her pick them out. She did the same thing and related them all to Jesus. She then pulled out her Book of Mormon and explained and asked us questions about each picture. Including asking us "who is this?" When Tim replied "Joseph Smith" Kate said, "That's right!" Following her sisters example, Millie has taken over as the hymn book passer-outer.
- Kate loves the little preschool/joy school that we do with some friends from church. She always loves going and loves the little art projects and worksheets she does there. Last Fall I did a preschool focused on Sinking and Floating. She loved it at the time but life continued...this month she all of a sudden remembered it and gathers items before bath each night and hypothesizes if each item will sink or float.
- As always continues to be very articulate and remembers EVERYTHING! Her memory really astonishes me.
- When asked a question, Kate now likes saying "It's a secret!" Like when we ask "how was Primary? What songs did you sing?" to which she replies "I can't tell you, it's a secret."
- Loves surprises and presents. We celebrate somebodies birthday at our house everyday. Kate loves wrapping up her toys and having parties. I've recently had to start limiting and buying more scotch tape because Kate uses so much.
- Oh and a little friend had her birthday party the other week so Kate's birthday party planning has commenced!! For a few weeks Kate was set on having a "Sully" Party as in Monsters Inc. but as of Saturday it has switched to a ballet theme. We will see what ends up sticking...we are now down to less then 3 months until the big day.
- Oh and she is also always talking about what she is going to be for Halloween next. She has a running list now of probably 20 ideas and she doesn't forget them. I recently said one to which she replied, "No, that's not on the list Mom!"
- After going to a gymnastics places open gym time for the first time this month, Kate asks daily to go to "the trampoline place." It was obviously a hit and we will have to head back there soon.
- Favorite books are Amelia Bedelia and Fancy Nancy! And any book about ballet!
- Still loving The Backyardigans for her preferred tv time but just discovered Blue's Clues at the library and likes it a lot!
- She is getting good at writing letters and is working on recognizing numbers.
That was a lot of things...sorry! Thanks Kate for all the fun and joy you bring into our lives!