Saturday, January 10, 2015

Skiing


Once upon a time I was quite the avid and pretty dang good skier! I started skiing when I was 5 years old and grew up skiing with my family! I have so many memories up on the slopes! In high school I enjoyed the luxury of student season passes and enjoyed skiing every week. But since getting married, moving away from Utah, and then having babies and nursing I haven't been able to ski as much as I would like.

I was determined this trip to make skiing a priority! I was able to go one afternoon with my Dad up at Alta and then again all day at Brighton for the first annual Sokol Family Ski Day! It was actually the first time that Tim and I had ever skied together (we've both been skiing since getting married but never together). It was so fun to have my Dad, brother Steve, SIL Kristin, niece Alyssa, nephew Brady, and 2 of my cousins come! It was a very cold day but the snow was awesome and it felt so good to be back on the mountain!

We've got to get back to Utah so we can do this more often…and my girls need to become awesome skiers too!





No comments:

Post a Comment