Monday, October 13, 2014

October Kate Update

Let's see where do I begin...this girl is always changing and is SO MUCH FUN!
  •  We are loving our time in Utah! Kate ADORES her cousins! She is always asking if they are coming over or if we can babysit them. Kate loves having boy cousins to be here princes!
  • Discovered her new favorite TV show Octonauts on Disney Jr.
  • Favorite song is hands down Philip Philips "Home." It's on repeat constantly in the car. She calls it "the Ew-ew-ew song." Also loves Andy Grammer's "I Choose You."
  • Favorite Primary songs "I Love to See the Temple, "Baptism," and "How Could the Father Tell the World."
  • Favorite toys this month...DRESS UPS, Klip Klop horses (that she gave Millie as a birthday gift), making play dough dresses for her Magic Clip dolls, and Grandma's old school Little People Castle.
  • Expert make-believer! I love this stage! Walked in the other day to my parent's play room to find all of her dolls sitting on the booster chairs getting haircuts from Kate. It was adorable.
  • Can now also write the letter C
  • Still takes a nap most days. And if no nap is a champ at doing "quiet time." And still almost always falls asleep if she initially choose quiet time. 
  • Sleeps from 8pm to 6:30-6:45 usually. Although often does wake up around 6:15 but stays in her room until her OK to Wake clocks says it's okay to come out of her room at 6:30 :)
  • Favorite foods: plain pasta, yogurt, any fruit, broccoli, corn, Mexican rice (but only homemade), tortillas, string cheese. Definitely in a picky eater phase right now...just riding it out and hoping it will end sooner than later. Kate was always such a great eater...but lately not so much. Fortunately loves her fruits and vegetables so I don't really worry about her. Millie almost always out eats Kate.
  • She's our dancer and singer! Is always busting a move and singing. I love listening to her sing and chat away when she is by herself. 
  • Loves giving compliments. Sure makes me feel good! Loves saying "that is sooo cute!" Today when I finished her mermaid tail for her Halloween costume...I received a standing ovation followed by "you're the best maker Mom!"She is SO excited to me "Ariel Mermaid" for Halloween!
  • Best story teller too! 
  • Total chatter box...she will talk your ear off if you let her!
  • Soooo opinionated! 
  • Have certainly had our fair share of major meltdowns in the last few weeks...but fortunately most of the time really is a darling, hilarious, and sweet girl.
  • Isn't always too excited to share with her little sister...but most of the time is an awesome big sister. She is especially good and helping keep Millie safe...whether that's telling her she can't go up the stairs, telling her she can't eat Mistek's cat food, or not letting Millie put small pieces of anything in her mouth :)
  • Kate has a crazy memory! I am just continually surprised all the details and things she remembers!
I think that's the highlights...Although at times I do not know what to do with her...she is my sweet Kater-Skater that I can't imagine any other way! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the updates on Kate and Millie! They are so adorable, and that bit about the pretend haircuts is hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete