I can't quite believe that my sweet little baby girl is really 1 year old! One year ago we became a family of 4... I became a mother of 2! I totally missed General Conference last October :)
Just like my labor, this year has gone by SO quickly! We have had an amazing year! I cannot adequately express how fortunate we feel to have been blessed to have our sweet Amelia join our family! She is the biggest joy and blessing! Millie is the sweetest spirit. She has an amazing calming influence and her smiles and bright eyes light up our lives.
We were so fortunate to be in Utah to celebrate her big day! We've been celebrating all week with lots of family time, cousins, multiple parties, and cakes! Turning 1 is a big deal after all, right?
Here's the latest with our favorite 1 year old:
- Is growing and learning more every single day!
- Has the most expressive eyebrows and gorgeous greyish eyes
- Still loves to put her finger up to her lips and go "bahbahbah"
- Has 8 teeth
- Has had some trouble sleeping through the night this last month...oh my! Some of it was teething, maybe adjusting to Utah, and I do not know why else!
- Still napping twice a day...usually her naps are 1-1/2 hours but they've been a bit shorter lately.
- Is totally adored by her cousins especially her girl cousins that want to hold her and take care of her!
- LOVES peek a boo!!! And loves clapping her hands!
- Enjoys crusing around furniture...she's been able to pull herself up for a long time...finally just before we headed Weest started cruising on 9/16/14.
- Crazy fast crawler...defnitely can and does crawl on all fours but also has this silly almost monkey/ape like crawl where she scoots and uses only one hand to move so she can keep a toy in the other hand.
- LOVES to eat! Will eat anything and everything.We endearingly call her our little carnivore! But she also loves everything else too! She seriously eats more than Kate most of the time.
- Nurses 4 times per day...but she's decided that is changing this week and all of sudden isn't too interested in nursing during the day. Breaks my heart! Fortunately though I think the morning and before bed feeding will be sticking around for a long time...I hope.
- Continues to be the happiest and smilest girl around!
- Millie is into everything and wants nothing more than to play with whatever Kate is playing
- Really finding her voice...she's always talked but is much louder and is just jabbering more and more!
- Her stranger anxiety is greatly improving. Peaked at 10 months. Seems to be tappering off...is definitely a mama's girl. If I'm around she wants to be with me.
- Loves balls, blocks, little princess figures, measuring cups, weebbles, play food, and MOSTLY whatever Kate is playing with!
At her 1 year appointment (on 10/28/14)...she's are tiny little princess!
- Weights 18.1 pounds (19th%itle)
- 27 inches long (0.7th%ile)
Millie is just a complete joy! We just can't get enough of her! We seriously are so blessed to have her be apart of our family. She is a true blessing!
|2nd cake- Actual birthday|