Friday, September 12, 2014

Kate Update- September 2014

I am really excited to be posting monthly about Kate. Kate always says the cutest things and I am really loving this stage. Hard to believe Kater-Skater is almost 3-1/2. Here are a few updates from the past month.
  • Kate loves letters and is starting to write them. She can only write H-O and T but is loving the new little dry erase letter tracing workbook I got her. She loves spelling her first name and sometimes can spell her last name too!
  • PRINCESSES...yep still obsessed...and since we've been talking about Halloween costumes one of her favorite new activities is to get onto Pinterest and see all the different Princess dresses. I am really excited for this Christmas...Kate already has a very lengthly list of Magic Clip princesses, dress ups and castles. 
  • Newly discovered My Little Pony...oh my... I don't know if I really like the new show...but she found a DVD at the library and now is always singing the opening song. 
  • Favorite Kate phrases, "I think I'm not sure about this" and "I feel like...." as well as "He has fur" pointing to a man with facial hair.
  • She loves picking out her own clothes as well as helping pick clothes for Millie, Dad, and myself.
  • Newly discovered American Girl dolls. We get the magazine in the mail and one day she started looking through it. We cut out some pictures of the dolls and she's been carrying them around ever sense and loves asking me what each of their names are. I can't wait till she is big enough to share my dolls with her. 
  • Started her second "semester" of joy school. A few friends and I take turns teaching once a week for a few hours. Kate loves going to preschool and loves her friends! 
  • I feel like over the last month even...Kate has just grown up a lot. Whether it's helping me with Millie, listening a little bit better, or watching her interact with her friends. I can't believe how she just goes off with her little friends and how well they play together. It is kind of a strange feeling that she doesn't need/want me right there while she plays. She is growing up!!!
  • Loves "reading" to me. She is really good a describing the pictures and she knows a lot of the phrases from the books we read frequently. 
  • Likes to "speak" Spanish...she changes her tone and makes her words choppy and calls it Spanish. It's pretty hilarious. Thank you Dora?! Kate particularly likes to say prayers in Spanish. 
  • Tim and Kate decided to make a tire swing this past week. Kate LOVES it. She helped Dad go get the supplies and helped grab the washers and screws. It is a fun no addition to our swing set out back. 

4 comments:

  1. Kate is growing up and that is good. I am happy to hear all about what she is doing and that she is interested in American Girl Dolls. Now is the time to learn about Samantha and Molly, Kirsten and Kit. She will love them before too long, just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate is such a cutie! And a smarty pants like her mom and dad! Love you Kater skater :) -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! I neglect reading blogs for awhile and suddenly Kate is practically grown-up! And I want to come squeeze Amelia's squishy little legs sooooo bad! Kate's fake Spanish is hilarious, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Camber! I know...Kate really is grown up...it's crazy! We are sure thinking of you and sending our love!

      Delete