Sunday, March 9, 2014

Amelia- 5 months


Last week Amelia turned 5 months! I feel like she has been apart of our family for longer then that! But then again it also seems like she just arrived and shouldn't be so big.

Here's the monthly update...

-Mille LOVES her hands! She is always sucking on them, looking at them or chomping on them! I usually find her sucking on her right middle finger and ring finger when I come to get her after her naps.
-Is teething hard core! But no pearly whites have popped out yet. She gets her front really soaked and is chomping on Sophie, teething ring, silicone beads, or my fingers all of the time.
-Forgot to mention just after Millie turned 4 months I was checking out her month (because she seemed like she was teething) to my surprise I spotted a little "tooth" in her upper left gum. Totally crazy...I ended up taking my little 4 month old to the dentist...turns out it is called an epstein pearl. It isn't a tooth but rather a tooth fragment that some babies just get. Apparently it will just fall out, no big deal.
-She's now wearing size 2 diapers
-Finally wearing 3-6 month clothes
-Favorite toys: any teething toy, her gym, stuffed animal turtle, and anything that Kate brings her!
-Like I mentioned in my previous post- Kate adores "playing" with Millie...whether it's reading stories, having a picnic, or pushing her around in the dolly stroller. They have so much fun together!
-Millie takes much better naps at home in her crib. It's definite a balance trying to stay home more so she can nap at home rather than in her car seat but it's hard in the mornings when we have errands to do or fun activities to do. Takes two ~2 hour naps each day!
-Starting to really look interested in our food
-Getting stronger and better at tummy time
-Weighs 13 lbs 2 oz

Millie just continues to be the most pleasant little lady around! She continues to smile like crazy and is a complete joy!












2 comments:

  1. You are adorable, Millie. How does your mommy get anything done during the day? I would just hold and hug you all day.

    ReplyDelete