Friday, January 24, 2014

Minneapolis, MN


As soon as we realized that Tim would be getting MLK Day off we made plans to get out of town! Iowa City is located around 4-5 hours away from several large, fun cities. We have taken advantage of our close proximity and had many fun weekend getaways...to Chicago, St. Louis, and Kansas City...the one place we hadn't been to yet was Minneapolis! Although visiting Minnesota is the middle of this Arctic winter perhaps wasn't ideal we actually had decent weather, sunshine, and planned to be inside anyway. Minneapolis is a lot of fun! It's bigger than I expected. We had a fabulous time checking out the Mall of America, the biggest mall in the USA, riding roller coasters at their indoor amusement park and doing a little shopping.  Love getting away and spending time with our little family! 
Helpful big sister Kate
Minneapolis Temple
Poor Kate..." It's locked, I can't get in!"

Our happy girl!

2 comments:

  1. I just caught up on your blog this morning! I loved the little pink baby blessing dress. I hope that other things are going well. Those two kiddos really ask for so much of you sometimes. I feel like a monster these days with no patience! Your girls look so cute and I just adore you and Tim. You guys do such a wonderful job. I'm so glad we're friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! We never did go to Minneapolis. And now I'm really sad we didn't. You guys are so awesome and so adventurous!

    ReplyDelete