Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving 2013

Kate and Amelia's Thanksgiving Turkeys 
I was pretty worried about Thanksgiving this year...it was my first Thanksgiving not in Utah...ever! We've previously been so fortunate to make it back for all 5 of the past Thanksgivings since I've been married even though we've lived out of Utah for all of them!!

Thanksgiving is a big deal in the Sokol family and thinking about not being there almost made me cry. Surprisingly Tim ended up getting Wednesday off (and already had Thursday and Friday off) so we've had a lot of family time and had a lot of fun.

We had an awesome Thanksgiving meal at our house surrounded by good friends! Complete with 5 kinds of pie (I made 4 of them)! Grandma Bernice would be so proud!

What a beautiful day to gather as friends and family and reflect upon all of our many blessings. We have oh so much to be thankful for! Hope each of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!




1 comment:

  1. Why doesn't it surprise me that you made FOUR pies. You're amazing. Did you cook a turkey too?? Cute family pic, btw.

    ReplyDelete