Monday, September 30, 2013

Colony Pumpkin Patch


I can't believe that October is almost here! October...the month that I am due to have my second child...holy smokes! Yes folks I am 38 weeks! Our little Amelia could make her debut anytime. If she's like Kate she could even be here this week!

Anyway, October is absolutely gorgeous out here in Iowa and the temperatures are divine. We had big plans to go visit this fun pumpkin patch that we went to last year but with heavy rain in the forecast and over an hour drive to get there we didn't think it would work out...so I started looking for another place we could go harvest some pumpkins...and I ended up finding this perfect little place less than 15 minutes from our house...the Colony Pumpkin Patch! 

It wasn't as large and didn't have as many other activities as the places we've previously been to but it was totally perfect for us and so nice to have it close, and I failed to mention, it was free! They had an awesome variety of pumpkins, a corn pit for kids (and Kate actually liked playing in it this year), and a little barrel train (but Kate didn't want to ride this year). It was a perfect Fall Day and we finished and headed to lunch just before the rain began to pour! Happy Fall, Welcome October!





Kate loves her pumpkins that she picked...especially the little white one!


No comments:

Post a Comment