Monday, August 12, 2013

The Kate Update

Well let's see...it's been a little while since my last post...we've been keeping pretty busy. And we haven't had quite the same level of summer of fun that we had last year so I don't have near as many exciting pictures. But no worries we are still having some fun and I still have plenty of pictures to share!

Today just so happens to be Kate's 27th month birthday so I thought I'd share a brief Kate update! Oh man, our little lady is so.much.fun! She keeps me on the run and always smiling. She certainly has her terrible two moments but she is also the sweetest, most fun loving girl and we wouldn't want it any other way.


  • Kate is excited that her baby sister is coming! (Oh and by the way...it's official, our baby girl will be named Amelia)! Kate talks about her baby sister, "Ah-mill-ya" a lot and knows that projects I work on are for Amelia. Only problem...she thinks baby sister is in her tummy. Kate loves going to the doctor with me to "hear Ah-mill-ya's heart." She loves reading stories about new babies and becoming a big sister.  I know we are going to have a whole new adventure adjusting to a little sister but I have a feeling Kate is going to be an awesome big sister and great helper. 
  • Kate also has really gotten obsessed with checking the mail. She loves running to the mailbox whenever we're out front or getting in the car to go run errands to check the mail. She of course can't reach the box but insists on having me open it to check. She loves carrying our envelopes into the house and gets especially excited when her Friend Magazine comes! Kate loves flipping through her magazine pointing out temples, Jesus, and President Monson. She is also really into names right now and wants to know the name of each kid that sends in their artwork or story. 
  • Like I said she is really into knowing names right now. Kate loves talking about her friends in nursery and when I ask her how nursery was on Sunday she replies "Good...Colton, Neva, Aiden, James"...and continues to list off everyone's names. She loves talking about our couple friends and whenever we've had friends over Kate wakes up the next morning asking where they have gone. 
  • Kate is obsessed with Disney music. She loves listening to Pandora's Disney and Toddler channels. Kate's favorite Disney character right now it Mulan or maybe Shang (the boy from Mulan) although Rapunzel and Aurora are close seconds. She can be found multiple times a day singing "Let's get down to business to defeat the Hun...did they send me daughters...sons." She is so good with words! I am always so impressed on how much she picks up on. She is definitely our little singer. 
  • Kate is an amazing gardner. Every day Kate knows when Dad gets home they are going to head to the backyard and check on the garden. It's pretty dang cute to watch Kate run out with Tim and hear her say "my tomatoes, turns red." Tim has done an excellent job teaching her she has to wait till the tomatoes turn read before she can pick them.  Kate loves getting in the dirt and actually picking off the tomatoes and then comes to the back door proudly saying "Mom, mom...look tomatoes!" 
  • And unfortunately Kate has become addicted to technology. She'll come up to me in the morning and say "Mommy, I need ipad" or demand "Princess music" to be turned on. And she loves watching movies on the tv...I guess our efforts to avoid screen time till 2 years have perhaps caused her to love tv even more...who knows. 
  • Oh and a funny story...so we keep a pretty set meals/snack schedule around our house. Kate knows if she choses not to eat her meal or snack she will have to wait till the next one. I'm not depriving the poor girl I promise...I actually think our food habits are the reason she eats so well...but anyway... this past Sunday Kate chose not to eat much of her breakfast. About 15 minutes after I cleaned up breakfast and was starting to get ready for church Kate came walking to my room with the piece of cinnamon bread in her hand. Where did she get that you may ask...the poor girl had snagged the heel that I had thrown away out of the garbage can!! I didn't know if I should be mortified, feel like an awful mom, or proud. She is resourceful what can I say?! Fortunately I had emptied the bag the night before. 



Anyway...Happy 2 years 3 months Kater-Skater! It's hard to believe in 2 months time our little family of three will be four and our baby Kate won't be our only baby! Wow! That is crazy!





5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, smart and resourceful girl Kate is!! I can't believe you're only 2 months away from adding another one! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate is so fun to be around. Cole definitely misses her and asks about her all the time. Amelia is an adorable name. I'm so glad you were finally able to figure out what you wanted to name your little girl. It's hard to believe that Amelia will be here in two months! I'm so excited. I can't wait to see pictures of her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know there is a reason Kate is so adorable and fun-loving and super smart- because her parents are! You guys are all awesome and I miss you! Kate is a girl after my own heart- Mulan is my favorite Disney character too! Love the garden stories and LOVE the name Amelia. You're lucky we're having a boy. :) Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amelia is a great name! Also the cinnamon bread thing is hilarious! Waste not, want not, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I'm Heather and I have a question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete