Saturday, March 23, 2013

El Cholo Extravaganza


So like I previously mentioned, Kate and I took a surprise trip to Utah at the beginning of March for my parents birthdays! My parents birthdays are only 3 days apart and this year was an extra important birthday to celebrate! My brothers, sisters-in-law, and I put a lot of thought and effort into how we wanted to make this celebration extra special. We decided we wanted to recreate one of my parents favorite restaurants, El Cholo in California. My mom grew up going to El Cholo while living in Southern California and each time we go to Cali, El Cholo is always at the top of list of places we have to go! 

Our surprise El Cholo night was so fun! We ordered the famous Green Corn Tamales from El Cholo and then used El Cholo recipes to make everything else i.e enchiladas, chile rellenos, rice, and beans. And after talking to one of the managers and telling them about our plans, they sent us cocktail napkins with the El Cholo logo on them, children's menus to color, a menu, a cool baseball cap, and their special praline cookies for dessert. We had such a good time. The decorations were darling, the food was terrific, and the company was the best. It was so special and just the perfect way to celebrate!



My brothers and I did these picture recreations from when we were little, they turned out really awesome! 
The grandkids

1 comment:

  1. What a memorable, fun celebration. We loved everything, and appreciate all your hard work and all the planning. It was so fun to be at El Cholo with everyone. The food was awesome. You kids are awesome! Thank you, Hay and Kate, for coming so far to be with us. You definitely surprised us.

    ReplyDelete