Our little lady is one and a half years old! How did that happen?! Kate is growing up and is just so much fun!!! Kate snd I flew out to Utah early to enjoyed some extra time with family before Thanksgiving. We celebrated the big birthday by going shopping, running errands with Grandma, and eating an awesome ice cream cake. Here is an update on our big girl...
- Kate now says about 30 words all on her own including "kitty cat" and "chair." She also loves copying everything we say. And calls water "wa wa," bananas "ba nan," Cheerios "choo choo" and milk "mill."
- Kate knows cats say "meow" and doggies say "woof."
- Her eyes light up when she see Mistek, my family's cat. She loves waving at her and saying "meow" repeatedly.
- Kate is obsessed with her stuffed animal penguin (see pictures). She can almost always be seen carrying him around. She calls him "baby" and loves to wrap him up with her blankies and share her sippy cup and snacks with him. Kate also adores her other "friends" i.e. stuffed animals and dolls especially "Mi mi" her Minnie Mouse stuffed animal.
- Kate loves to draw. She loves her newest toy a Magna-Doodle! I am just about ready to declare her a lefty! She predominately uses her left hand but will switch and then use her right. We will have to see! I am sure hoping for a fellow South-paw!
- Favorite books are Big Bird's Busy, Day Eat Your Colors and Aloha Is.
- Can identify 2 colors, yellow and red.
- Takes one 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon each day. Goes to bed at 8pm and gets up at 7am.
- Especially loves cheese, broccoli, green beans, and any fruit. Not loving beans and meat right now. Loves water and milk and finally tried juice.
- Loves her grandparents and cousins!! And loves being in Utah to see them :)
- Loves to sing. Is always singing. Especially loves to sing "I Am A Child of God," "ABCs," and a new favorite "Row, Row, Row Your Boat."
- Still sucking her thumb!
- Weight and height to come. Her 18 month well-child appointment isn't until we get back to Iowa.
We sure love our Kate! We have loved every minute of the last year and a half! Let the fun continue...