Monday, May 14, 2012

12 months


Here are the stats after Kate's 1 year appointment:

Weight: 18 lbs 5 oz 10th percentile
Length: 28.8 inches 25th percentile
Head: 17.5 inches 33rd percentile

Kate is busier than ever! She recently started crawling last week but prefers to scoot! I love how she just can follow me all over the house.  She is getting good at pulling herself up to stand and enjoys climbing on us. She can walk using with her walker toy but doesn't go very far and prefers to hold on to our fingers to walk around. Kate is loving her new birthday toys, particularly her little play kitchen and the sunny-side egg that came with it. She continues to absolutely love flipping through books and loves to put phones up to her ear like she is talking. She also loves having her Little People wheelie car cruise on the floor. I don't think I've mentioned how much she loves the red ballon in her Good Night Moon book, it's so cute. She flips through each page and only stops and likes to look at the pages that have the ballon on them. I made sure we had some extra red ballons at her party :)

Kate continues to be an amazing eater. She loves everything although is slowly getting used to cows milk. I guess she still prefers her mommy milk... I am happy to say we made it a whole year breastfeeding!! Boo-yeah! We newly discovered that she loves beef stroganoff and sweet and sour meatballs. But she is totally a fruit girl.

She loves playing peek-a-boo (especially when she uses her hands to block her eyes), and also just started using the sign for "all done." She continues to be so sweet and loves to giggle and smile!


2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I can't believe she is already one. She is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Kater potater. What a cutie! I'm going to call her that from now on. :) I love that she loves the red balloon in Good Night Moon. Oakley likes that book too. Way to go with breastfeeding! I love her little cindy-lu-who pony tail. I don't know how you get her to hold still long enough to do that! Cute Mother's Day pictures! You're an excellent example of a great mother too you know, Hayley. :)

    ReplyDelete