Monday, March 19, 2012

Wisconsin Dells, WI

Spring break is over. Boo-hoo! I'll admit I am pretty sad that Tim is back to the med school grind. Kate and I got spoiled having him around all the time. Although who am I to complain?!  We had an amazing week! The midwest has been experiencing record breaking heat so we made sure to spend as much time outside as possible. We've been in the high 70's, low 80's all week which was wonderful for long walks, bocce and enjoying our backyard, and even doing some yard work.

We also had a short little getaway up to Wisconsin Dells, WI. As Spring Break approached we hadn't made any plans. Tim had had Spring Break in Colorado but I was always working so we wanted to be sure to take advantage of this opportunity but also didn't want to spend too much.  One of the beauties of Iowa is that there are many cooler, big cities all within about a 4 hour drive. Some friends in our ward were headed up to "The Dells" and encouraged us to come along...so we did. Thanks Smith family!


The Dells is a popular midwest tourist destination known for its many indoor and outdoor waterparks. They actually proclaim it as the "Waterpark Capital of the World." It is a funny little city, it reminded me of a mini-wannabe Las Vegas. It is a total tourist trap complete with a Ripley's Believe it or Not, magic shows, and other crazy stuff. Our friend Matt found an awesome deal at the Mt. Olympus Resort. With a one night stay we got 2 days admission to the indoor waterpark (the outdoor wasn't open even though the weather almost was nice enough), indoor amusement park and the outdoor go-karts. Kate loved splashing in the water and enjoyed her first teacup ride and waterslide. Tim loved racing the go-carts, and I just being together and getting away. Not to mention adding a new state to my places visited!


4 comments:

  1. hey I found your bog! wisconsin dells is SO MUCH FUN! kate is going to love it more the older she gets. i love her little swim suit! i'm glad you guys had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous! Russ doesn't really get a spring break, but I guess that's part of a PhD. Seems like an awesome trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO FUN! I am so glad you guys got to spend a little family time together. Also, I love both you and Kate's swimsuits, very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really appreciate the beauty of this place. When I got here, one thing I could say that it's very rich, very applicable to for all ages may it be for kids, teens, young adults, even for newly weds they can have their honeymoon out there and as well as a good relaxation for aged people. I highly recommendWisconsin Dells WI this place really.

    ReplyDelete