Thursday, February 23, 2012

Kate le encanta chile verde!!!

We have been having a lot of fun this past week. Let's see...what did we do? Kate...

-Celebrated her first Valentine's Day! (We forgot to get a picture of us all until right before we were putting Kate to bed...oops).


-Drew her first picture with crayons and colored pencils

-Had fun sitting up in the tub



-Helped Mom with the laundry


-Decided that she actually does like beans



-And the biggest news...oh I am just so proud...Kate tried and loves chile verde! We made my favorite chile verde burritos this week...which is a big deal since you have to have a can of this chile verde sauce that you cannot buy here in Iowa. We actually hauled several cans from Utah over Christmas so we have only a limited supply. I'll admit I was a little hesitant to share since we only have so much and I wasn't so sure Kate would appreciate it...but I'm so glad I did. She couldn't get enough of it and just gobbled it right down. She really must be my daughter!

Eating some child verde mixed with rice
Oh yeah and Kate's fourth tooth (left front one) just came through!

3 comments:

  1. She is SO cute! I love when my baby enjoys the same things I do :) What kind of chile verde is it? :) I've got to try it if it's worth hauling from Utah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Stokes Green Chile Sauce with pork. Funny enough it is made or at least distributed in Aurora! You can get in Colorado. What I do is mix 2 cans (15 oz each) of the Stokes sauce and 1 can green enchilada sauce in a pot on the stove. Add cut up chicken or pork. Let slowly cook on stove for 1 hour. We then put bean, cheese, and even rice in the tortilla then smother on top with sauce and sprinkle cheese! It's delicious! You'll have to let me know what you think. My family has tried to make it lots of ways but we've found this Stokes stuff makes the best!

      Delete
  2. What a fun week! Kate is getting so big in the tub and coloring already!!! And I am so glad she liked your food - Paisley throws most of what I cook for her on the floor for the dog *sigh* I'll have to try your chili verde and see if she'll eat it :)

    ReplyDelete